Tuesday, January 3, 2017

111 Degree Christmas

Hey fam,

It was sweet talking/seeing you guys for 2 minutes yesterday. I will tell you this tomorrow but I will write it down anyway for record. On Christmas Eve is when Argentines do most of the celebrating. But to start I have to begin Friday night. My comp and I were heading back to our place it was like 8:30pm and I decided that we would buy some empenadas for dinner cause they sounded good. So we did so and Friday night I ate 12 empenadas which is kinda alot but I had done it before. And of course I downed it all with a nice Argentine Coke. I was pretty full from the soda and empenadas going to bed. But that all ended up being a mistake cause I woke up Saturday with a horrible stomach ach. I didnt feel like i needed to throw up but my stomach just hurt. Then as i got ready and was doing personal study.... it hit me.... diarrhea. And I was in and out of the bathroom all morning and we couldn't leave. Then we left to appartment at 1pm to go to our main Christmas lunch with the Aguirre family who is also the 1st consulor and his wife washes our clothes. So we are pretty close with them. But my stomach was feeling kinda weak going there but luckly I was able to eat all the food and sprite with out problems. That was basically the main Christmas meal for us because Sunday a member just brought us food to the church and then we ate it at our place after church. But Christmas was pretty anti-climactic. Just Church then just chilling in the church building watching Elders talk to their families. We were going to talk at the church building of our Zone leaders and bake brownies and cookies there but the Internet was not working at all. So we had to take a Taxi across the city to us the Family History Center in the big main Church building in the Mission (435 Entre Rios). Then after we were done with that we just went back to our place cause it was the end off the day. Kinda boring. Not to mention the taxi driver said it was 44 degrees celsius or 110 fahrenhiet with humidity. It was pretty weird. 

But as for the work.... it's actually going ok. We found a lot of new people last week so it makes it a little easier to plan when you have names to put down haha. But our investigators with baptismal dates didn't go to church... so that's a problem. and I kinda undestand because here Christmas is just like New Years in the States. They party all Christmas Eve with BBQ's and fire works and at midnight they put the kids to bed and then continue partying and drinking until 3-4 in the morning. So waking up like 4 hours after going to sleep to go to church is improbable. And next Sunday is New years day.... so it might be the same issue next week too. But we will try to work with them and at least get them to go to a Branch party Friday night at the church. So that was that this week. I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Write down questions that you have cause I dont know what ya want to know. Love you all and I'll SEE you tomorrow!! 

Elder Corbin Keicher












No comments:

Post a Comment