Monday, September 4, 2017

EXTRA broke my fast 9/4/2017

Hello fam, 

 
The nicest, most American-like street in the entire mission
This week passed pretty quickly for me. We did our very first Zone Activities. Last leadership conference, president patania put into effect zone activities to do proselyting and service. As a zone we have to do 1 proseliting activity and one service activity every transfer. So last tuesday, after district meetings, we did a proselyting activity in area of reconquista 3. That is the area of Sister Arias(37 year old brazilian) and Sister Howe(19 year old from greeley CO), and they didn’t have many investigators to work with, so the whole zone went to their area and contacted for 2 hours and got them a bunch of references to follow up on. It was kinda fun. This Tuesday we are going to do a service activity as a zone at a members house. Ill be sure to take some pictures for you next week. The picture situation is kinda weird, I cant promise pictures every week, some of the computers in this cafe dont allow you to upload pics and some do... so if i can I will.

Zone pic after our activity

 The work is moving along slowly here. After 3 weeks here, I have come to the realization that every single family here is a partial member family. And those who aren’t members, don’t want anything to do with the church. It is quite odd, and there is a lot of history that I need to figure out. I think it would help the branch to get new strong member families... so I think I might put that as the focus. 

The Parera Family
We are entering into the second half of the transfer and we will be having divisions and multizone confrence.. so it will be a fun second half of the transfer. This afternoon, we will be going to the Las Colonias Alfajor factory to take a tour. I am pretty excited for that. There you can buy boxes of alfajores, so when I come home, Ill get a box to bring back! 

I have a question for... Lucas, the recent convert, has his father who works for the military, and he has to take 2 trips a year to the states, well to Michigan, to use a flight simulator. Well he brought back  ¨Extra¨ gum and lucas gave me the box. So Sunday after the 1st hour of church, I popped in a stick of gum, and Elder Souza, and the sister missionarys started accusing me of breaking the fast. I was so confused, hahaha it was kinda funny but all of them swear that if you are fasting you aren’t allowed to chew gum. SO the question is, If you are fasting, are you allowed to chew gum? I told them if that is the case, then I have never fasted in my life. haha kinda a funny stupid question. 

But that was my week, nothing too crazy. I am getting excited for conference already, haha I hope you all have a great week! 

Love,

Corbin


A weird, 45-year old man made an iron soar and shield, unfortunately he sold the knight helmet 

No comments:

Post a Comment