Saturday, November 25, 2017

Netafim in Recon? 11/21/2017

Hows it going all!

Well this week was FILLED with a bunch of fun activities and a lot of success. In the begining of the week, we went to  a school in Reconquista because an English teacher named Julio stopped me in the street a couple weeks ago and asked me to go and present myself to his students and share with them the american culture. So we went and it was super fun. I basically just talked to them for 25 minutes and explained who we were, why we are here, and I explained a couple cultural differences between the states and Argentina. It was super fun and they seemed super intriged. But being in their school made me feel so grateful for the type of education i got at legend, even though there are always things to improve on.... the resources are there and was honestly privledged in comparasion to the type of school I visited. 
The class i visited. They would be the equivalant of juniors and senors in high school in the states.    


 We also had a really fun activity Friday night that turned out not exactly how w because there were more investigators than members at the activity. haha There were 4 investigators, 3 members, and 4 missionaries. But it was still super fun. We did a scavanger hunt for a tresure chest. We hid 10 clues all around the church property. There were 2 groups and they had to race to find the tresure. In the tresure chest, we put  all the spiritual tresures that we need to value, The sacrament, temple, book of mormon/biblia, prayer, mondern day prophets, etc. and I also bought 12 alfajores to put in because there needed to be a temporal tresure as well haha. We were a little disappointed with the turn out of members but the good thing was that the investigators didnt mind and had a good time. 

Yesturday, we went with the preisthood to ``puerto`` which is 15 minutes from reconquista for their fishing activity. That was super fun. Unfortunatly we are allowed to fish in the mission, or be in a boat. When we got there, all the of preisthood, crossed this small part to go fish from the island because there was a lot more space to fish. So we had to stay on the other side but luckily, 3 guys stayed with us and we went to a different part to fish. Also in puerto, there are a bunch of abandened ships, there was this really old/rutsy one that we went and explored. I took some cool photos on that. But after returning back to reconquista, we learned that every cyber was closed because of some holiday... and the church has been without internet for 5 days because someone forgot to pay the bill so the internet got cut. SO not sure how much longer we will be without internet. So thats why I am emailing today. 
Abandoned ship we explored    

The boat you take to the other side. Literally like 50 yard/30 second boat ride.     

Elder Oliva and I on the shore of the river    

 My comp elder Oliva needs to get a root canal, so we went to the dentist last wednesday, and we walked into his office and on his wall he has a huge painting of the maroon bells in the rocky mountains. So I took a picture and the dentist was like, ¨you like the painting?¨ and I explained to him that that mountain is where I live... close to my house. 
The Dentist office and Maroon Bells painting

And then you wont believe what I found this week. We were walking back from lunch. and as we were walking I was casually looking at a group of buildings we were passing, when saw a building that was a tractor/farm supply warehouse. Well on this warehouse was a NETAFIM ¨drip irrigation¨ sign. I stop walking and just stared at the sign for like 15 seconds. My comp was like, ¨what is it?¨ haha I went and entered the building and asked a group of three guys that were seated there, ¨Do you guys sell netafim.¨ The fattest guy look at me and arrogantly said, ¨we used to but not anymore, its too expensive.¨ I pulled out my leatherman that has the netafim logo on it and explained to them that my dad works for netafim. THen the fat guy kept talking about how expensive netafim is and that it would take 12 years to start seeing benefits.... blah blah blah. I left and took a picture with the sign and then we left. But who wouldve thought that there was netafim in Reconquista Argentina... well there used to be.

NETAFIM


To update you all on out investigators, this week Luciana and Eugenino Ortiz attened church, this time with their 13 year old daughter antonella. We learned this week that they are Married!!!! so now we are going to put some goals with them  and teach the word of wisdom and see how they progress. Also Alejandra and carlos attened church as well and they are doing well. We learned that Carlos is married to another woman and will have to get divorced in order to get baptised. And here ethat process takes a ong time... 3 months with lawyer or 2 years without lawyer. And I am not sure they will be able to affored a lawyer. So we will continue working with them but for now things with them wont be as fast as one would want. 

But that was my week. I hope you all have a great week. Read ether 12, I studied that chapter this week and loved it. Lots of things to take from the chapter about faith. 


Elder Keicher

Argentines playing soccer

No comments:

Post a Comment