Tuesday, May 29, 2018

One Last "Send" // May 28, 2018

Que tal fam! 

I am not sure if we will be able to write anything to you guys on our last day so we´ll just act as if this were my last email. 

So this week while walking down the street, I saw a ladder about a block away, so I asked elder moore what the odds were that he walked under the ladder! Well, for those of you that know how ¨what are the odds¨ works, the person gives you the ¨odds¨. In this case elder moore said, 1 in 10. Then on the count of three you both say a number between 1 and 10 and we both said three! HA! So he walked under the ladder and that after noon he fell 2 times and one of those times in a ditch! it was kinda hilarious but also felt bad for the guy! Aside from the shananagins, we saw a lot of progress with a new investigador we started teaching  this transfer. His name is Juan Palacios. He is 15 years old and lives with his aunt and uncle(kinda a messed up family situation that I wont go into detail about). But he is super cheto and educated. During the week we sent him a couple texts to verify some commintments we had left with him to read the book of mormon. we asked if he had read the first chapter and he responded, ¨I only got to Ch.6!¨ I saw that text and I was just filled by sher shock and lost my breath for about  3 sec. WHAT! people here actually reading and keeping commitments! whats happening? Then this past friday in the lesson on the plan of salvation, he asked us how we can know if someone holds the correct authority to baptize. That time I about past out right there in the charla. I didnt believe what he had just asked. GOLDEN Q´s. Then to make the lesson even better, he showed us some HILARIOUS video on youtube called ¨Y Eña¨. I love teaching adolocent teenage kids who are interested in learning about their God! Sunday he showed up all by himself and stayed for two hours. If things keep going well, I believe this kid should be getting baptized in June! Super capo! 

Tomorrow we have multizona in corrientes. Wednesday-Sunday are just normal days of work. Then monday early morning I got to Resistencia to spend the day in the mission offce. There I will deal with administrative things. Have my exit interview by my mission president. I believe we will have a preparing to return home training by president. Then at night we go to the mission office to have dinner. I will stay in a hotel (not in the mission office). 

So here I am, last time at an argentine computer on p -day. This will be my last contact with you guys from this side of the equator! This time next week I will be in RESI spending my last day in this country! It doesnt seem real... but it has been a slow realization over the past two weeks! It has truely been a blast. It never ever feels like one will actually, truely end their mission. Honestly, from day 1 till day 706, the end just seems like a myth... something that doesnt really, actually happen. You see missionaries come and go throughout this time, but you never think that your time is ever really close. I obviously knew that it would come to an end at some point, but it always seems so distant that it isnt worth thinking about. I think that could relate to our mortal journey here on earth. We see people come(birth) and go(death), but when we think about our own death, we just push that aside because we think, ¨thats so far off that it´s not even worth worrying about¨. That is how we fall into a casual, idle habits. We dont feel the pressure to keep going, to keep PREPARING for the end. Even if we have messed up in life, we think, well I got a lot of time to fix that later, and we put it off. until we have put it off too long and its too late. 


So here´s to one last ¨send¨, to all the latino dogs that barked/bit me, all the ¨no esta nadie¨ shouts at the doorstep, all the endless ¨uno¨ games played on p-days. Here´s to all the ¨Flecha bus¨(look it up) buses i have riden/slept on, and to all the sketchy eletric shower heads i´ve had to use. I think I will strangly miss you. and just a quick shoutout to all those argentine pizzas i´ve eatten, I believe you will make me forever think twice before criticizing any little ceasers 5 dollar hot n ready... or any americanized pizza for that matter. Finally, so long to these 102 consecuative weeks of emails that I am sure only my mom read! I enjoyed writing them anyway. Keep it real. Adios! 
Elder Keicher
Argentina Resistencia Mission
June 2016 - June 2018






No comments:

Post a Comment