Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Ibarreta´s Birthday 7/17/2017


Well what a week! Both for me and even more for the fam bam back at home. I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures of the wedding and I feel very happy knowing that everything went well according to the plans. It seemed like it is a day to remember for the rest of our lives. For me, wedding day was just a normal day of proselyting... and actually I was on divisions with and Elder who is from Paraguay. I did wear the grooms men tie and had mackenzie and the entire fam in my thoughts. It was probably one of my more trunkier days in the mission but that is alright. I am just glad everyone is happy and kenz and spenc are married.

Me wearing the wedding tie

This week was interesting. I didnt mention last week that last Sunday night, I got a call from the assistants, asking me if there was anyone in our zone who knew how to play the piano for the multi-zone conference that wednesday. I reviewed who was in our zone and quickly realized that I was the only person who could find middle C on the piano. So I reluctantly told them that I was the only one and then they asked me to play the opening hymn. Luckly I have been trying to learn hymns since I have arrived in Ibarreta and at that point, only had ¨God be with you til we meet again¨ and ¨Nearer my god to thee¨ mastered. I was in the process of learning ¨count your many blessing¨ so I gave them those three options to choose from. Elder Tuttle(assistant) gladly choose ¨count your many blessing¨ and so last pday I spent a lot of it practicing that song. Wednesday came and we traveled to Formosa for the conference. Luckly the piano was electric and had a volumn bar, so i put that volumn just low enough to where peoples voices drowned out the piano playing. Which turned out good cause I messed up two times, but no one noticed because they were singing loud enough. I was actually pretty nervous though cause I havent performed any type of piano since Mrs. clover´s piano recital days in elementary/middle school days. Apart from this, I indulged myself after the conference at the main grocery store in Formosa where they sell a few american imported items. So what did I buy? $600 pesos of tostidos chips and salsa!! SO GOOD!! You just cant find that stuff anywhere. except at like 3 major grocery stores in the mission. 
Cool sunset on our way back to Ibarreta from multi-zone conference


Last tuesday was the Ibarreta´s Birthday. Ibarreta turned 97 years old.... and it actually was a lot of fun. Tuesday morning the governor of formosa came to watch a parade and to basically preside over it. And literally all of ibarreta was participating in this parade and show. 
Main stage for the parade


A donkey and a llama


So Elder Freeman and I decided to set up a table in the plaza right next to the stage and give out book of mormons and talk to people who wanted to talk to us. We ended up getting like 4 references and gave out 10 books of mormons. It was a fun day and after wards we made tacos with the youth at the church. 
Where we were set up in the plaza

Our table set up



 We have been seeing a lot of progress in the colony here and are planning on 3 baptisms there on the 29th. So we will see how that goes. Thats all from me this week. I hope you all have a great and safe week! 


Corbin Keicher

No comments:

Post a Comment