Thursday, August 10, 2017

8/6/17

Well Hello fam, 

This week was a  great week! Fabiana and Celedonio Cano got married!! That was super exciting and fun to see! They got married Friday morning and so we were just planning to do the baptism Saturday.... but celedonio had to go to Chaco for some reason. So we will most likely be having a baptism next Saturday the 12th. I hope they will be prepared... because Celedonio is still smoking... so are meeting with him tonight to have a frank lesson with him to see if he is willing to throw those things away! I really hope he has the will and motivation and testimony to do so. 



Signing their wedding contracts

The Cano Family




Speaking of cigarettes, Saturday night we made tacos and watched videos with an inactive member here named Alejandro. He is like 28 or 30 years old and we wanted to make tacos with him and his non member friend Gaston... but only Alejandro showed up. But to give you some background, he was baptized about 4-5 years ago and has sensed falling into a bad cigarette and alcohol habit. But has a true testimony and conviction in Christ and the church. I remember the first time I met him like 4 months ago, I clapped at his gate and he came out with a cig in his hand and as soon as he saw us, he threw the cig and said, ¨Ah, I am sorry, im sinning right now¨. Which was so frank and straight up that it made me laugh a little. But anyway we said the prayer over the tacos and right when we said ´´amen´´ he came to me and gave me his pack of cigarettes and said he wants to get back on track! It was so awesome to see that. 


El Potrillo
We also did another potrillo trip last week and was pretty basic! Nothing to crazy to report from that trip. But yesterday, Elder White went to resistencia and will be staying there for a couple weeks to do some tests for his health. And Elder moreira will be coming back up tomorrow with a new companion. Sounds like if things dont improve with Elder White, he might be going home. Which is difficult to see because he has such a big desire to be here in the mission. But whereever the Lord needs him. 

Elder White and I


Yesterday we were able to confirm Lucas Lopez in the Colony Ensanche Norte. He is 10 years old and was baptized 9 days ago but wasnt able to go to church last Sunday. We didnt think he was going to come to church either yesterday because yesterday was a National Kids Day in Argentina and a lot of families were in Ibarreta at a festival with clowns and things for Kids. And we actually had a low attendance in the Colony because of it... 15 people. But it got me thinking, Why doesnt America have a national Kids day?. Then I realized, looking at Asher, that he is always at the library, hiking, swimming, eating cool food and I concluded that almost everyday in your childhood is national kids day. But anyway, Lucas literally showed up 2 minutes after the closing prayer, so we grabbed a chair, confirmed him and also gave him the sacrament. 


Well I am entering into my last week(I believe) in Ibarreta and I have a bittersweet feeling. If this is my last week, I will be eating lunchs with families for the last time. One thing that is cool here is that ever week, you eat at the same houses, for example every wednesday with the Gusevich family, and every Friday with the Albronoz family, etc. So I will most likely be eating my last meals with them. So I will have my P-day on Tuesday next week because of transfers. 

But that was my weeks adventures. I will have a lot more to update you on next week. So stay tuned! Love you all! 


Corbin Keicher

No comments:

Post a Comment