Thursday, August 10, 2017

Weird Dream and Baptism 7/31/17


Me with another GOAT

Well this week was very rewarding. 
It was also pretty unplanned. Last Monday after P-day, we were walking with Elders Moreira and White back to our place and we were trying to figure out when we could go to Potrillo. Well, we ended up going that night and spent last Tuesday in Potrillo. It was a good trip and I went with Elder Moreira(the branch president) to do interviews. He had to visit a lot of people and families to get them ready for the temple trip in September. But then we went back to Juarez to wait for a bus. We couldnt eat with the Fiestas family because the mother of Brother fiestas past away and was in Peru. So we waited outside of our favorite restaurant there called ´´El Aleph´´. But then later found out it was closed.... so we had to go eat at ¨Karens¨ a really good but really expensive restaurant. There we ate something called ¨Lomitos¨ which is a type of sandwich. But Karen´s mom(the owner of the restaurant) gave each of us 1 empanada GRATIS to try. And it was literally the best empanada I have every eaten. SO  GOOD! I wish you couldve tried it. 


But anyway that was the trip. After that we prepared the rest of the week for the baptism of 3 kids from the colony here by Ibarreta. But really only two got baptized because one of the girls didnt get approval from her mom. The Cano family is still doing ok. The mom still needs to go turn in all of the papers to get married.... but things have been hectic for her because a month ago her 60 year old mother discovered that she has a tumor in her chest and it is cancer. She is starting Chemo Therapy this next week... So the family has been dealing with that and the fact that celedonio still is smoking........  A lot of things are going to have to happen for them to be baptized together as a family... Keep them in your prayers. 

I had a weird dream last night where I was back at the MTC.... but it was like a situation where they let the missionaries who have 1 year go back to the MTC... well anyway I was there with my comp elder freeman and we were with my same teachers. Then when we had to go back, We ended up missing the bus back to Argentina. So we ended up just hanging out in the MTC and they reassigned me to be an MTC teacher for the rest of my mission. I remember being so mad that I couldnt go back to Argentina haha It was a weird dream!! 
But that was basically my week. Pretty basic. I want you all to have a great week, whether you are in Utah, Idaho, Colorado, or wherever! I also want to share with you a video I shared with the youth called ´´The Music of the Gospel´´. Not sure if you have seen it or not. But basically talks about being self-sufficient or spiritually independent. Watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju8S2vswhjY

Love you!

Corbin Keicher


No comments:

Post a Comment