Monday, October 23, 2017

First Dog Bite! 10/23/17

Hey fam! 

I will warn you before you get to the bottom of the email that there is a picture of the wart that is on my foot. A guy in Provo took it off while I was in the MTC but he said there was a 50/50 chance of it coming back... well its been coming back for the past 16 month now. So Enjoy! I also got bit by a dog this week!!! We were walking back to the apartment, and here, ever corner you turn there are dogs. I dont even notice them anymore because they are so common. But we passed by one and it got up right as we passed it and it started barking, as what commonly happens. But this dog was a little daring and it got its Jaw around my calf. But luckly I got my leg out of there before he bit down. But he tore a huge hole in my pants... I took a nice picture of that. I am glad it didnt bite me because then I would have had to go to the hosptal to get tested for the many diseases that dogs here have. 
The hole the evil dog made


This week was a lot of fun. We had a dream come true... a miracle we´ll say. We have been needing new people to teach here, and last tuesday afternoon, we recieved a call from a mas o menos active family(familia Parera) who we have been working with, telling us that at 6 they were going to pick us up at the church and take us to their cousins house so that we could help them. The cousin is named Alejandra and her ¨partner¨of 4 years Carlos. They are like 56ish years old and they expressed the difficulties they are going through right now. Basically all economical problems. Alejandra turned to us when we got there and said, ¨Can I ask you guys any question?¨. We said of course,  and then she posed the question, ¨How come it seems like God talks to and helps everyone else but me?¨. I was taken back by the question because we were still getting to know each other. But we ended up having a great lesson with her and Carlos about the ways we can recieve answers from our heavenly father. It was super awesome and then thursday we returned and had another lesson. They said they were going to come to church yesturday but it was election day yesturday and I think that might have been a factor. But the work is still pretty difficult and slow.... I am not sure why, I am still trying to understand this area and the people and trying to figure out our ¨problem¨. 
The house of Alejandro and Carlos


I am super excited for this week, we get to meet and listen to the oldest son of President Packer, who is a member of the Seventy. That is Thursday but we leave wednesday eveing. It will be neat to hear from him and shake his hand. Yesturday was a missionary work themed sacrement meeting and so I got called on to talk along with sister fuentes from bolivia, and andres, a future missionary in the branch. I talked on how to help converts stay active and strong in the church. I focused on the famous talk by Pres Hinckley where he said, Every new converet needs 3 things, 1) a Friend to be along their side to help them and answer questions at any moment 2) a calling 3) to be nurterd by the good word of God(moroni 6:4-8) It was fun to talk... it was my first time since may. 

But I hope you all have a great week! I love ya! 

E´ Corbin keicher 
Us Missionaries after church

Saw this guy with his parachute and fan on our way to branch choir




No comments:

Post a Comment