Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Visit from Elder Packer 10/30/2017

This week was pretty normal! Nothing to much to update you on and I forgot my camera today... so this wont be the email you were expecting. But we had a great meeting with Elder Packer from the seventy and his wife. They talked a lot about the difference between conversion and testimony. Then talked about how missionaries can have the spirit with them. Sister packer highlighted some points that draw the spirit away from us as missionaries. Things like, unclean/messy apartments and contention between companionships draws the spirit away from us and makes it difficult to be effective as missionaries. There was a point in the training when Elder Packer was listening to an elder respond to his companion, and after the elder finished, elder packer asked what his companion thought, and thats when Elder packer found out that his companion was sitting in a different row. He then asked him and all the other missionaries to get up and sit next to their companions. And that is when every single missionary, except for me, elder souza and a couple other companionships, got up and had to rearrange themselves so that they were sitting next to their companion. It was kinda embarrassing and interesting because sister packer had just got done talking about having unity between companions. But overall it was super fun and productive. I got to meet Sister Bethany Douglas from Parker, we got to talk for a bit and we took a photo(that I´ll send next week). If was weird talking to someone from Parker in Argentina... but she was cool and she had gone to a year at USU too. I also got to catch-up with Elder Taylor(an elder I trained) with his missionary he is training right now. And I finally got to see Elder Hannah, who was in my MTC district, but I hadnt seen him since we landed in Argentina back on August 2nd, 2016. A full 16 months had passed without seeing each other. 

This past Saturday we had an Open House in the church where we opened the church for 3-4 hours in the afternoon and we set up tours of the building with members at stands explaining the different organizations of the church. It was super nice and there were 8 non-members that showed up and we received varies references. We have another one this Saturday for the other church in Reconquista. 

This next week, we have 3 baptisms planned in the Zone(none in our area), and we have transfers Sunday! So next week I will be writing on Tuesday. But that was my week! I will talk to you all next week! Chau


E´Corbin Keicher

No comments:

Post a Comment